It is not uncommon for young adults to lose a permanent tooth or even several permanent teeth, but the gap where these teeth used to be can feel jarring and exposed. These gaps also can make it harder to speak or eat properly.
Replacing the lost teeth with a dental implant like a crown, bridge, or even full dentures is the obvious solution, but do you need to worry about these implants having any sort of negative impact? Fortunately, getting dental implants has more pros than cons, and working with a professional dental agency will minimize any disadvantages.
Benefits of Dental Implants for Young Adults
Dental implants are typically the ideal option for young adults due to several reasons. Below are the main benefits to consider.
- Dental Implant Procedures Are Highly Successful: Dental implant procedures have a success rate of about 95 percent, and the other five percent usually fail due to negligence of oral hygiene or frequent smoking. So long as you follow the aftercare instructions from your dentist, you won’t have to worry about possible problems.
- Dental Implants Are Easy to Maintain: Dental implants are just as easy to maintain as real teeth are, and you will not have to change anything to take care of them. Simply continue to brush all of your teeth at least two times per day for about two minutes and floss between meals when you can, and the implants will stay pristine.
- Dental Implants Are Typically Permanent: No matter what sort of dental implant you need, they should last a lifetime if you take care of them, much like your natural teeth. Also, implants are unable to get cavities, although they can attract bacteria to your gums if you do not maintain them.
- Dental Implants Are Natural Looking: These implants resemble real teeth in appearance and even in terms of how they feel. The implants are colored to match the rest of your teeth as well, so you might even forget that you ever lost them in the first place! Dental implants restore a full set of teeth and a perfect smile, giving you confidence in how you speak, how you look, and your brilliant smile.
- Dental Implants Are Practical: Implants do more than fill in your smile and put an end to those aggravating gaps. Since dental implants replace the roots of the former teeth and are infused into the jaw, they work exactly as teeth should with the same support. Implants can make chewing and talking much easier.
Disadvantages of Dental Implants for Young Adults
While there are not many disadvantages to getting dental implants, knowing about the potential drawbacks makes it possible to catch any problems early and decrease their likelihood of happening.
- Dental Implants Could Cause Gum Infections: While these are fairly rare, it is possible for your gums to become infected after getting implants. You should contact your trusted dental care provider immediately if you suspect a gum infection, which will make your gums appear swollen or infected.
- Dental Implants Could Require Extra Procedures: Some people do not have enough jawbone to support an implant, or their sinuses are too close to the bone. Both of these require extra surgery, making the process a bit longer and more expensive.
- Dental Implants Could Cost A Lot: Insurance usually covers a dental implant procedure, but even with insurance, you will have to pay for at least some of the cost. However, a good dental care provider will work with you to establish an affordable payment plan.
The Dental Group of Simi Valley is Here to Help
If you are interested in getting dental implants, the helpful staff at the Dental Group of Simi Valley will gladly make scheduling a consultation appointment as quick and convenient for you as possible.
Our experienced doctors have been keeping residents from all over Moorpark, Newbury Park, Thousand Oaks, and Simi Valley, CA happy and healthy for more than a single generation. Your comfort and the quality of your dental care is our main priority, so please call, email, or visit us as soon as it is convenient for you. We look forward to restoring your smile!