Cosmetic dentistry is a branch of dentistry that focuses on improving the appearance of your teeth. Cosmetic dental procedures can range from something as simple as teeth whitening to more complex procedures such as dental veneers or dental implants.
Cosmetic dentistry can be used to correct a wide variety of cosmetic concerns, including stained or discolored teeth, misshapen teeth, gaps between teeth, and more. While cosmetic dentistry is not covered by most dental insurance plans, many cosmetic dental procedures are relatively affordable and can make a big difference in your smile.
If you are unhappy with the appearance of your teeth, let’s discuss cosmetic dentistry options that may be right for you!
Choose a Licensed Dentist
Choosing a cosmetic dentist is an important decision. You want to find someone who is qualified and who you can trust to provide you with the best possible care. Here are a few things to look for when choosing a dentist:
- A dentist should be licensed in the state in which they practice. This ensures that they have met the necessary educational and training requirements.
- It is also important to find a dentist who you feel comfortable with. Look for someone who is friendly and patient, and who takes the time to answer your questions. The staff should be equally available to answer your questions and as friendly and compassionate as the dentist.
- Finally, be sure to choose a dentist who offers the services that you need, such as cosmetic dentistry. If you have special dental needs, be sure to find a dentist who is familiar with those needs and can provide the necessary care. By taking the time to choose a good dentist, you can ensure that you will receive quality care for years to come.
Teeth whitening is accomplished through a number of different methods. The most common method is bleaching, which uses chemicals to break down the stains on teeth. Other methods include mechanical abrasion, which uses a rotating brush to remove stains, and laser whitening, which uses a focused beam of light to break down the stains.
Teeth whitening is a popular cosmetic procedure that can help improve the appearance of teeth. It is important to consult with a dental professional before undergoing any teeth whitening procedure to ensure that it is right for you. Teeth whitening is not permanent and will need to be repeated in order to maintain the results.
Veneers are thin, custom-made shells that cover the front surface of your teeth. They can be made from porcelain or a resin material. Veneers are used to improve the appearance of your teeth and are an option for treating several dental problems. For example, veneers can be used to:
- Close gaps between teeth
- Improve the appearance of misshapen or chipped teeth
- Change the color of your teeth
- Make your teeth look longer
- Make minor corrections to your bite
Generally, veneers can last for many years. Good oral hygiene and regular dental visits are important for making veneers last. Veneers can also be stained by tea, coffee, and smoking. Porcelain veneers are less likely to get stained than resin veneers.
Before veneers are placed, your dentist will examine your mouth to make sure veneers are right for you. Your dentist will also take X-rays and impressions (molds) of your teeth. These molds are used to make models of your teeth so the veneer can be custom made to fit your mouth. If you choose to get veneers, your cosmetic dentist will work closely with you to get the proper look and fit!
Dental implants are one of the most popular options for patients looking to improve their smile. A dental implant is a metal post that is surgically placed into the jawbone. Once in place, a dental implant can be used to support a dental crown, bridge, or denture.
In addition, dental implants can also be used for cosmetic purposes to fill in gaps between teeth or to replace missing teeth. Dental implants are a safe and effective way to improve the appearance of your smile!
Dental Group of Simi Valley for Your Cosmetic Dentistry
Dental Group of Simi Valley cares about your health! We will work with you to make sure you have a healthy mouth and smile for years to come. We are located in Simi Valley, CA, and we provide modern dental solutions for your needs. Call us today for an appointment and to speak with our friendly staff about your cosmetic dental wishes!