Your smile is one of the first things people will notice about you. So, if you have insecurities involving your teeth, it can be difficult to bring yourself to show people your wonderful grin. Luckily, cosmetic dentistry offers solutions for many people with smile shame.
Cosmetic dentistry is a growing industry, as many people find themselves ashamed of imperfections in their teeth. Additionally, if a person grew up without proper dental care, there can be even more issues that they’ll want to fix.
This article will go over a few cosmetic dentistry procedures and how we help give people a confident, glowing smile once again. What procedure is best for you depends on your individual smile problems, and you should definitely talk to your dentist before making any decisions on what to do.
Types Of Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
- Teeth Whitening: Also known as “teeth bleaching,” is a cosmetic procedure that can help to whiten and brighten your teeth from stains, discoloration, or yellow teeth. This procedure can be performed at home or at a dentist’s office. However, not everyone’s teeth are able to be whitened/bleached, so it’s critical to talk to your dentist
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are metal devices with prosthetic teeth that are placed in the jawbone to take the place of missing teeth. The implants are typically made of titanium. For the procedure, the device is placed surgically into the jawbone where the tooth used to be. An implant acts as the root of the tooth and can be an anchor for things like crowns, bridges, or dentures (artificial teeth).
- Dental Veneers: Dental veneers are thin shells typically made from porcelain or another composite material. Each veneer is made to fit your exact teeth and is attached to the front of your teeth. This procedure is used to help dental conditions like a chipped tooth or crooked or discolored teeth. It can also be used to cover gaps in between your teeth.
- Dental Crowns: Also known as caps, dental crowns are specially made to fit over an entire tooth, once the cosmetic dentist prepares it. Crowns are typically made of porcelain or acrylic that is then attached to metal in order to resist the pressure of biting. Crowns are typically used to treat poorly shaped teeth, teeth that are decayed, chipped, or broken, or have had large fillings. They can also cover gaps between your teeth, similar to veneers.
- Teeth Shaping: Also known as “enamel shaping,” this procedure involves reshaping teeth by removing or filling a part of its enamel. The procedure is typically not painful and produces results immediately.
- Tooth Bonding: Cosmetic bonding is a process where certain materials that are the color of teeth are bonded to each tooth. This procedure can treat, improve, or repair the look of a tooth that has been broken, chipped, or stained.
- Orthodontic Treatment: Many people consider orthodontic treatment to only be for children. However, adults can get treated for crooked or buck teeth as well. The process is almost exactly the same as it would be for kids and there are options to keep your straightening tools
Dental Group of Simi Valley
Located in the pleasant area of Simi Valley, California, Dental Group of Simi Valley provides expert care & quality customer service to its patients every day.
Cosmetic dentistry is different from other procedures. That’s part of why it requires even more of a skilled hand to perform these procedures correctly and efficiently. It’s very important to find a dentist you can trust for cosmetic dentistry procedures. That’s what we’re here for.
Dental Group of Simi Valley offers a number of cosmetic procedures for patients of all ages. Even if you believe you have the most difficult of teeth, we guarantee that we’ll be able to help you get your beautiful smile back.
We offer a variety of cosmetic services, including the following and more:
We know that going to the dentist can often be a source of dread in your life, especially if you’re having a procedure done. However, our friendly staff will make the process as easy, stress-free, and painless as possible. Come see us at the Dental Group of Simi Valley today.